Emotional & Behavioral Health
Success 4 Kids & Families works with children and their families to diagnose and improve issues they may have with emotional and behavioral health.
“We were not equipped to deal with something like this” claimed one parent when their daughter began exhibiting violent behavior. S4KF stepped in, supplied the necessary help in the home, and helped the family stabilize in the years to come. “We thought we were just bad parents—S4KF educated me and taught me that I was a good parent, and gave me the tools to help my daughter and my family.”
We Provide these Important Services:
- We start with a Dedicated Case Worker
- Psychological Care for both the child and the whole family, where necessary
- Crisis Stabilization- Domestic Violence Intervention
- In-home counseling & psychological support free of charge (for lower and middle income families)
- Access to Dozens of Counseling Programs
- Assessment by trained and certified Clinicians
- Parental Coaching and Training
- Alternatives to “Bootcamps” and expensive out-of-state programs that send kids away
- Alternatives to Hospitalization or Residential Treatment programs
- Help with School Situations (being kicked out, probation) and Juvenile Authorities (arrests, etc.)
- Specific programs targeting anger management, substance abuse, depression, learning difficulties and problems at school
- Other programs include: physical and speech therapy, tutoring, legal services, medical and dental support services, and parent coaching
- Successful at significantly lowering or stopping arrests, dropping out of school, and school expulsions
The Key Emotional & Behavioral Health Programs that We Offer:
THINKids manages wraparound services for children and families, coordinating access to children’s behavioral health services and supports based on individual needs. Services are brokered by THINKids and provided by independent contractors.
- Funded by: Children’s Board of Hillsborough County
- Services provided: Assessment, Triage, Case Management, Service Brokering, Crisis
- Stabilization and Family Support Planning
- Youth/Families served in 2009: 156
BNET provides children and families with emotional, behavioral and mental health services in a centralized manner, coordinating access based on individual needs. Services are brokered by Success 4 Kids & Families and provided by independent contractors.
- Funded by: Florida Healthy Kids Insurance
- Services provided: Assessment, Triage, Case Management, Crisis Stabilization,
- Service Brokering and Family Support Planning
- Youth/Families served in 2009: 26
SEDNET advocates for exceptional education students and at-risk students in the school system and monitors the attendance, discipline and academic achievement of children with emotional, behavioral and/or mental health issues.