Independent Contractor case manager
FLSA Status: Not Applicable
Reports To: program manager/Clinical Supervisor
The Independent Contractor Case Manager (ICCM) is an independent contractor position. The ICCM operates as an independent contractor with oversight of the Program Manager and/or the Clinical Supervisor. The IC CMprovides client support through S4KF’s system of wraparound facilitation, support services, andcase management to families of children who are at risk. The ICCM collaborates with community partners as needed to obtain necessary resources for each client.
The ICCM shares in S4KF’s responsibility for adherence to all organizational operational policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all applicable program, federal, state and local laws and regulations. The ICCM must be able to maintain a highly professional manner, ensure the confidentiality of clients, and work effectively with families, children and community liaisons.
Principal Duties and Performance Standards
- Successfully complete training programs required for program adherence and client support.
- Review initial assessment of client needs as presented by Intake. Confer with Intake as needed on client data and service provided to that point.
- Contact client families to offer and explain S4KF’s services; follow-up with a home visit on a timely basis as required.
- Take proactive steps to provide family with access to applicable community support services/resources. Establish a plan with the family to address client needs, and provide coaching and guidance to ensure a successful outcome.
- Monitor client progress; enhance or revise progress plan as needed. Produce and maintain client reports in an accurate and timely manner according to S4KF standards. Submit reports for S4KF management review as required.
- Meet with Program Manager or Clinical Supervisor (as assigned) for regularly scheduled case supervision reviews.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of all client business and transactions.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all internal and community programs and services available to clients, maintain an awareness of changes in program/service offerings and requirements, and stay informed of new program and service offerings.
- Manage caseloads, determine priorities based on risk and need, make decisions based on organizational procedures and sound judgment, recognize and act on reportable events, determine appropriate course of action in emergency or high-risk situations.
- Bring cases to closure within standard timeframes and submit client records for archiving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field, or Bachelor’s Degree in another field with 5-7 years of experience in related social work.
- Minimum 2 years experience in social services, preferably family services.
- Strong skills in family coaching, needs assessment, and ability to help families communicate and work together more effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency with basic computer and word processing skills.
- Ability to build and maintain the community’s trust for S4KF as an effective, expert and compassionate provider of service.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License, good driving record, proof of insurance and reliable transportation.
- Required to complete a minimium of 20 hours annual continuous education
Service Excellence Standards
- Demonstrates commitment to maintaining S4KF’s high quality service standards.
- Deals professionally and proactively with staff, consultants, clients, providers, and the general public.
Although the ICCM operates under the oversight of a Program Manager and/or Clinical Supervisor the ICCM position is an independent contractor position and not an employee of S4KF. All ICCM’s are required to be a registered LLC in the state of Florida..
ICCM’s are responsible for:
- Determining number and type of cases to accept and geographical region to cover.
- Operating independently to scheduel client interaction.
- Expenses incurred including, but not limited to; transportation (vehicle, fuel, tolls, vehicle maintenance), computers, phone, and other incilary supplies.
- All federal and state tax liabilities associated with being a self-employed independent contractor.
- Meeting the mandatory background clearance requirments.