TITLE: Successful Transitional Youth Coordinator
Job CODE: S4KF
REPORTS TO: Deputy Executive Director
WC CODE: 8864
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
The Successful Transitional Coordinator shares in Success 4 Kids & Families, Inc. (S4KF) responsibility for adherence to all organizational policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all applicable program, federal, state and local laws and regulations. He/she must represent S4KF in a highly professional manner, ensure the confidentiality of clients, and work effectively with a variety of populations including; S4KF Staff, clients & their families, and representatives of funder & community program/service providers.
Principal Duties and Performance Standards
- Targeted client population is at-risk/high risk young adults ranging in age from 16-25 with a mental health and/or substance abuse diagnosis.
- Ensures the populations’ needs are being addressed by the system of care in a manner that incorporates their cultural and linguistic needs.
- Supports the development, implementation and evaluation activities of the grant
- Ensures programs and services and systems effectively attract, engage and retain youth and young adults
- Conducts community outreach and participates in meetings and events as assigned
- Ensures youth/young adult involvement in the planning, implementation, capacity building and evaluation processes
- Assists the agency in recruiting and retaining youth/young adults as Peer Specialists
- Develops, implements and facilitates youth/young adult advocacy groups
- Coordinates and/or facilitates training for the Peer Specialists
- Maintains accurate, neat and professional documentation
- Assists with program data collection, entry and submissions
- Other duties as assigned
Organizational Support and Additional Duties
- Maintain client notes in accordance with S4KF policies, funder requirements and state/federal professional standards.
- Maintain a data base of community resources that provide services applicable to the needs of S4KF’s client population.
- Abide by all S4KF policies and standards of conduct.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervision, workshops and training as requested.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Able and willing to take on and learn additional and different responsibilities. Ability to work in a dynamic environment, and to adapt easily to change. Ability to work well under stressful situations
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally, written, and interpersonally) with poise and professionalism. Expresses disagreement professionally, and works towards conflict resolution. Ability to speak publicly and facilitate group discussions. Effectively and assertively presents one's point of view without alienating others.
- Ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality with clients and staff. Handles all client-related documents in accordance with HIPAA and Agency guidelines.
- In-depth understanding of Florida’s public mental health/substance abuse system of care.
- In-depth knowledge of the basic needs and challenges faced by transition age youth (TAY), and their caregivers/families.
- Cultural proficiency in working with racial/ethnic minority, LGBTQIA2 Forster Care, Homeless, college bound/enrolled youth and young adults.
- Proficient in the use of social media outlets, including but not limited to Blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.
- Proficient organizational skills to ensure timeliness, accurate recording and reporting.
- Must be able to maintain effective and professional boundaries with staff, community partners, and program participants.
- Excellent judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Ability to think through likely cause of problems before referring them to others. Ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to lead, and mentor others effectively. Works with integrity and ethically, inspires the trust of others. Demonstrated ability to accept ownership, take initiative and assume responsibility. Takes the initiative to get the right people involved to resolve matters quickly and effectively.
- Proficiency in using agency computer systems and software as required to perform essential job functions
- Knowledge of community resources available to at-risk youth and their families and how to access those resources
- AA degree in social services or equivalent combination of education and behavioral health experience
· Must have lived experiences related to mental health or substance use**
- Preference for candidates who are bilingual English/Spanish.
- Preference for Prior working with at-risk youth/young adults strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel as required by the position.
- Must be between the ages of 18-25
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, and a reliable transportation.
- Required to obtain, maintain and provide proof of automobile insurance coverage reflecting the following coverage amounts:
ü$100,000.00 Bodily Injury Per Person
ü$300,000.00 Bodily Injury Per Occurrence
ü$50,000.00 Property Damage
**Lived-Experience - Past participation in human serving systems receiving services as a child, youth, or young adult (including but not limited to mental health, child welfare, juvenile justice, and/or special education). Currently or formerly living with a mental health or substance abuse diagnosis
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This position is both an office and field position that will require up to 75% in the field.
- This position will require off-hours including evenings and weekends.
- Spend a significant amount of time driving and getting in and out of the car to see clients in their homes or at school.
- Safely walk/maneuver in a variety of client home conditions and types of constructions (including, but not limited, to climbing stairs in apartment buildings without elevators).
- Able to run/move quickly at all times to a place of safety if faced with unsafe conditions when in the field, including at a client’s home
- Able to see clients under conditions that may be considered uncomfortable or even hazardous, including but not limited to poorly maintained premises that may lack ventilation and/or air conditioning, kept untidy, dirty, cluttered.
- May be exposed to clients who are hostile or may have poor hygiene, infections, and/or a communicable disease.
- May be exposed to high outdoor or indoor temperatures during the summer months.
- S4KF is a smoke free environment including no smoking when in a client’s home.
Service Excellence Standards
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintaining S4KF’s high quality service standards.
- Promote excellence and continual improvement by participating in the organization’s Performance and Quality Improvement Process.
- Deal professionally and proactively with Board members, co-workers, consultants, clients, providers, and the general public.