FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: S4KF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Executive Director is responsible for leading the organization in its mission of access to quality mental health and social services for children and their families. The Executive Director leads and oversees S4KF's daily operations, staff performance, program and fiscal management, and ensures compliance with all applicable program, federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Executive Director works collaboratively with the Board of Directors on matters related to organizational governance, mission and strategic planning, and must be able to represent S4KF in a highly professional manner. The Executive Director must work effectively with all levels of management in community and private sectors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Board of Directors Liaison
• Collaborate with the Board of Directors on mission, strategic planning, operational and policy formation.
• Work with the Board Chair to develop and maintain strong relations between Board and S4KF's staff.
• Participate in Board meetings, and report to the Board on the organization's financial status, program management and outcomes, and all major developments and issues as appropriate.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all programs and services provided by S4KF to ensure organizational stability, compliance and continuous improvement.
• Oversee the recruitment, hiring and retention of well-qualified employees in support of client needs, and provision of quality contractor services as required.
• Work with S4KF's Leadership Team to establish measurable goals and objectives, identify best practices and effective strategic direction.
• Provide fiscal oversight and related accountability. Manage funding for existing programs, and assess funding needs and sources for future needs.
• Ensure that all program outcomes meet requirements and standards. Provide status reports to external program managers/funders as applicable.
• Assess community needs and trends, and work with Leadership Team to develop programs/methods to address needs.
Organizational Leadership (cont’d)
• Establish and maintain a culture of excellence in the leadership and development of staff, work to create a responsive and supportive workplace, and ensure regular staff communication.
• Provide staff with opportunities to partner in organizational decisions and planning as appropriate, and to communicate upward on program, client and workplace issues.
• Ensure the maintenance of a safe, secure workplace for employees and visitors, and provide ample security for organizational, employee and client data.
• Assess and provide resources and equipment needed to carry out organizational responsibilities.
• Endorse a culture that promotes excellence and continual improvement through the implementation of an organizational Performance and Quality Improvement Process.
Community Leadership and Liaison
• Work to effectively and creatively promote and market S4KF's mission and services.
• Establish and maintain effective communication and relationships with government officials, other executives and agencies, and community liaisons.
Financial Performance and Viability
• Responsible for the overall financial health and fiscal integrity of S4KF.
• Develop an annual budget for Board approval.
• Identify and implement fundraising opportunities that will help support the mission of S4KF.
• Minimum requirement is a combination of a Master's Degree supplemented with a Bachelor’s degree in two of the following disciplines; Social Services, Public Health, Psychology, Education or Business.
• Mental Health or Social Services related license that is recognized by Florida Department of Health Division of Medical Quality Assurance and is active and in good standing.
• Eight to ten years’ experience in a nonprofit environment providing direct client services to children and families.
• Five years in a senior leadership position for a nonprofit organization.
• Strong analytical ability and proficiency with applicable technologies and software utilization.
• Effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build and maintain the community's trust for S4KF as an effective, expert and compassionate provider of service.
Service Excellence Standards
• Demonstrates commitment to maintaining S4KF's high quality service standards.
• Interacts professionally and proactively with Board members, staff, consultants, clients, providers, and the general public.
Click below to download the application package. When complete, please sign, date and email with a copy of your resume to email@example.com