INTAKE ASSISTANT – HEALTHY START
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
Reports to: INTAKE SUPERVISOR
Under the direct supervision of the Intake Supervisor, the Intake Assistant processes prenatal screens, infant screens, and referrals. Also provides clerical support to the case managers by processing documents, as requested. Must observe and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Enter all client information from prenatal and infant screens or referral into computer, accurately and on a timely basis.
- Process low risk screens, as assigned, by generating necessary correspondence (e.g. welcome letters, provider feedback letters, etc.), in compliance with program guidelines
- Develop and maintain good working knowledge of program’s electronic record system and State of Florida Healthy Start Standards and Guidelines.
- Prepare and submit appropriate administrative reports accurately and on a timely basis (e.g. caseload reports, time sheets, etc.).
- Prepare client files and document, on a timely basis and following program guidelines, actions taken, including closure of case.
- Print all necessary documents for client chart, as requested by assigned case managers, mental health counselors and/or nurse. Pull client record and organize corresponding printed documents and file in appropriate place for signature.
- File client folders appropriately, maintain file cabinets organized and prepare closed client charts for archiving.
- Follow appropriate telephone etiquette when answering incoming calls, when leaving messages (e.g. identify yourself, speak clearly when leaving messages, etc.) and or taking messages.
- Stamp postage and mail client welcome letters, accurately and on a timely basis.
- Retrieve completed provider feedback forms and mail to corresponding providers on a regular basis.
- Obtain, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Follow appropriate telephone etiquette when answering incoming calls, when leaving messages (e.g. identify yourself and program, speak clearly when leaving messages, etc.) and or taking messages.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and positive employee relations by practicing healthy and respectful communication.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining S4KF’s high quality service standards.
- Participate in trainings, supervision and team meetings, as requested.
- Abide by all S4KF policies and standards of conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Physical Requirements:
- High School/GED or Associate degree in social work, human services, or related field in an accredited program.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and internet
Click below to download the application package. When complete, please sign, date and email with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org