TITLE: Intake Specialist
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under the coaching and guidance of the Clinical Director, the Intake Specialist performs screening for initial client needs. The Intake Specialist collects and enters all pertinent information into the Central Information Database (CID) in a timely manner as required.
The Intake Specialist shares in Success 4 Kids & Families, Inc. (S4KF) responsibility for adherence to all organizational policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all applicable program, federal, state and local laws and regulations. He/she must be able to represent S4KF in a highly professional manner, ensure the confidentiality of clients, and work effectively with families, children and community liaisons.
Principal Duties and Performance Standards
- Perform initial screening of client/family needs through manning children’s case management referral phone line.
- Receive and enter all referrals through fax, email and website.
- Determine what resources are required to address those needs and provide client with potential referrals if their needs are best addressed outside the agency.
- If appropriate for S4KF, provide client with an explanation of available services.
- Take proactive steps to provide clients with referral sources and other information relevant to their needs in a timely manner.
- Confer with Clinical Director to determine appropriateness of referrals.
- Produce and maintain client reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain client data according to S4KF procedures, and ensure complete confidentiality of all files and client data.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all internal and community programs and services available to clients, maintain an awareness of changes in program/service offerings and requirements, and stay informed of new program and service offerings.
- Attend Truancy Court/Attendance Review Board to provide intake capabilities as needed.
- Assist families in completing application for psychiatric residential programs and attend monthly Child Specific Staffing Team.
Organizational Support and Additional Duties
- Develop a thorough understanding of CID and it’s reporting capacity.
- Building relationships with referral sources and community partners.
- Participate in staff meetings, workshops and training as requested.
- Provide other support as required.
- Participates in promoting excellence and continual improvement by participating in the organization’s Performance and Quality Improvement Process.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field, or Bachelor’s Degree in another field with 3 years of experience in related social services.
- Strong skills in family coaching and needs assessment.
- Excellent knowledge of community resources and how to access resources
- Knowledge of confidentiality regulations
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency with basic computer and word processing skills.
- Ability to build and maintain the community’s trust for S4KF as an effective, expert and compassionate provider of service.
Service Excellence Standards
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintaining S4KF’s high quality service standards.
- Promote excellence and continual improvement by participating in the organization’s Performance and Quality Improvement Process.
- Deal professionally and proactively with Board members, co-workers, consultants, clients, providers, and the general public.