POSITION TITLE: SUCCESSFUL TRANSITIONAL COORDINATOR
JOB CODE: S4KF 700
REPORTS TO: Deputy Executive Director
WC CODE: 8864
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Successful Transitional Coordinator shares in Success 4 Kids & Families, Inc. (S4KF) responsibility for adherence to all organizational policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all applicable program, federal, state and local laws and regulations. He/she must represent S4KF in a highly professional manner, ensure the confidentiality of clients, and work effectively with a variety of populations including; S4KF Staff, clients & their families, and representatives of funder & community program/service providers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Provide effective transitional support for clients who are relocating including introduction to community resources in their new communities and support with transition to new school.
- Identify community-based resources whose services are designed to help this client population – young adults ages 16-25 who have a mental health and/or substance abuse diagnosis.
- Facilitates wraparound team meetings to enlist existing supports in determining and meeting service objectives, as well as to identify additional resources and supports. The team includes the youth/young adult, and may be comprised of family members, natural supports, peer specialist, and service providers including mental health, substance abuse, education, and health & wellness.
- It may also include a probation or parole officer, or child welfare worker, if the youth is involved in these systems.
- Develop and maintain an effective partnership with representatives of all applicable community based resources.
- Provide trainings to client population including employability skills, application/interviewing skills, job placement resources, etc.
- Identify and partner with local business who are potential employers for client population.
- Identify local, state, federal employment incentive programs to motivate potential employers to hire clients.
- Post-hiring monitoring of clients and provide guidance, training, mentoring and direction as needed to assure a successful outcome.
- Partner with other S4KF staff to assure that effective services are being provided to clients.
- Monitor outcomes to measure program effectiveness and implement changes as needed to obtain a positive outcome.
- Additional functions as directed by supervisor.
ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT AND ADDITIONAL DUTIES
- Maintain client notes in accordance with S4KF policies, funder requirements and state/federal professional standards.
- Maintain a data base of identified community resources including services provided, eligibility criteria, insurance options, etc.
- Maintain data base of employers receptive to hiring S4KF clients.
- Abide by all S4KF policies and standards of conduct.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervision, workshops and training as requested.
SUCCESSFUL TRANSITIONAL COORDINATOR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effectively communicate with a variety of populations; peers, clients, parents of clients, service providers, perspective employers, etc.
- Able to effectively assess client needs and identify applicable community resources.
- Able to counsel/mentor clients in an effort to effect positive change with regard to behavioral, social, and life skills.
- In-depth knowledge of community resources available to the targeted client population of young adults (ages 16-25) who have a mental health and/or substance abuse diagnosis.
- Effectively collaborate with school personnel to assist clients who are transitioning to new schools.
- Ability to identify and cultivate relationships with local employers receptive to hiring clients.
- Able to teach clients required skills to secure and remain employed.
- Prioritize workflow and meet performance expectations as defined by supervisor, Leadership, and funders.
- Skills to recognize and implement opportunities for continuous process improvement with an emphasis on achieving positive outcomes while maintain client satisfaction.
- Ability to determine from a large amount of information, that which is relevant to understanding the client’s needs
- Ability to evaluate the interpersonal characteristics of and demeanor of individuals or groups in order to respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
- Ability to develop and apply effective problem solving skills.
- Determine priorities based on risk and need, make decisions based on organizational procedures and sound judgment, recognize and act on reportable events, determine appropriate course of action in emergency or high-risk situations.
- Skill to effectively manage time to meet program needs and desired outcomes
- Knowledge of confidentiality regulations, procedures and information exchange agreements to protect information from unauthorized disclosure.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and internet navigation & research.
- Ability to build and maintain the community’s trust for S4KF as an effective, expert and compassionate provider of service.
- Must be able to maintain effective and professional boundaries with staff, community partners, and program participants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Vocational Education or other related human services field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in social services, preferably family services.
- Strong skills in family coaching, needs assessment, and ability to help families communicate and work together more effectively.
- Preference for candidates who are bilingual English/Spanish.
- Ability to travel as required by the position.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, and a reliable transportation.
- Required to obtain, maintain and provide proof of automobile insurance coverage reflecting the following coverage amounts:
- $100,000.00 Bodily Injury Per Person
- $300,000.00 Bodily Injury Per Occurrence
- $50,000.00 Property Damage
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This position is both an office and field position that will require up to 75% in the field.
- This position will require off-hours including evenings and weekends.
- Spend a significant amount of time driving and getting in and out of the car to see clients in their homes or at school.
- Safely walk/maneuver in a variety of client home conditions and types of constructions (including, but not limited, to climbing stairs in apartment buildings without elevators).
- Able to run/move quickly at all times to a place of safety if faced with unsafe conditions when in the field, including at a client’s home
- Able to see clients under conditions that may be considered uncomfortable or even hazardous, including but not limited to poorly maintained premises that may lack ventilation and/or air conditioning, kept untidy, dirty, cluttered.
- May be exposed to clients who are hostile or may have poor hygiene, infections, and/or a communicable disease.
- May be exposed to high outdoor or indoor temperatures during the summer months.
- S4KF is a smoke free environment including no smoking when in a client’s home.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE STANDARDS
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintaining S4KF’s high quality service standards.
- Promote excellence and continual improvement by participating in the organization’s Performance and Quality Improvement Process.
- Deal professionally and proactively with Board members, co-workers, consultants, clients, providers, and the general public.